Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Music You Need to Hear Now

So, I have a couple of friends who I've known since college. One was a chill dude named Ben and the other was his rad girlfriend Dorothy. Dorothy and I lived across the hall from each other one semester and then we were roomies for a summer. Dorothy has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard. It's very smooth and velvety. And Ben can jam a guitar with the best of them. So fast forward several years. This lovely couple is now married, living in Nashville, and making music together. And they are awesome. I mean, don't they just look awesome? Like people that should make awesome music?



If you like good music, and by this I mean people who can really play and sing, not just wear something provocative and chant some catchy anthem (ahemladygagaahem), then you owe it to yourself to check out The Danberrys. Their music is a nice blend of folk, country, and blues. Their voices harmonize and blend so beautifully together. I got the chance to hear them perform live at one of their gigs here in Nashville (which ended up being at This Bar on Charlotte Pike, formerly known as Doodles, aka the place where our infamous Halloween Party of 2002 went down and Rusty stayed the weekend with me for the first time....and I was afraid he would think my friends were crazy and he'd never want to see me again. But instead, he married me!) But I digress....

I thoroughly enjoyed hearing them play together, and it was so refreshing to watch people perform who are passionate about their music. You can check out The Danberrys on their Facebook Page, their website, on ReverbNation or download their EP, Company Store, on iTunes. It's awesome.

Let me know what you think, or better yet, let them know and tell them I sent you!

1 comment:

  1. she's so beautiful. looking forward to listening to some of the links.

    ReplyDelete